Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Syoxx
      Participant

I have some problems with the dynamic field feature on customer companies. For example i would like to add a new dynamic field called “customer_internal_id” to the customer company informations. Unfortunately i don’t find any option to add this dynamic field to the customer company informations. I already did some research on the internet and read several times that this isn´t possible anymore.

Can someone tell me how to do it or what i am doing wrong?

Stefan Rother
        Keymaster

Hi Syoxx,

That’s not true, I’m sure it’s possible. ;)

You need to add the dynamic field info to the $Self->{CustomerCompany} mapping in Kernel/Config.pm. If this option does not already exist in Kernel/Config.pm, you need copy the entire option from Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm to Kernel/Config.pm:

$Self->{CustomerCompany} = {

Name   => Translatable(‘Database Backend’),

Module => ‘Kernel::System::CustomerCompany::DB’,

.. More Content …

Map => [

# Info about dynamic fields:

#

# Dynamic Fields of type CustomerCompany can be used within the mapping (see example below).

# The given storage (third column) then can also be used within the following configurations (see above):

# CustomerCompanySearchFields, CustomerCompanyListFields

#

# Note that the columns ‘frontend’ and ‘readonly’ will be ignored for dynamic fields.

# var, frontend, storage, shown (1=always,2=lite), required, storage-type, http-link, readonly

[ ‘CustomerID’,             ‘CustomerID’, ‘customer_id’, 0, 1, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyName’,    ‘Customer’,   ‘name’,        1, 1, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyStreet’,  ‘Street’,     ‘street’,      1, 0, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyZIP’,     ‘Zip’,        ‘zip’,         1, 0, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyCity’,    ‘City’,       ‘city’,        1, 0, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyCountry’, ‘Country’,    ‘country’,     1, 0, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyURL’,     ‘URL’,        ‘url’,         1, 0, ‘var’, ‘[% Data.CustomerCompanyURL | html %]’, 0 ],

[ ‘CustomerCompanyComment’, ‘Comment’,    ‘comments’,    1, 0, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

[ ‘ValidID’,                ‘Valid’,      ‘valid_id’,    0, 1, ‘int’, ”, 0 ],

# Dynamic field example

#            [ ‘DynamicField_Name_Y’, undef, ‘Name_Y’, 0, 0, ‘dynamic_field’, undef, 0 ],

],

};

After that you are able to configure your dynamic fields. Please add the following information to the mapping for each field:

[ ‘DynamicField_Name_Y’, undef, ‘Name_Y’, 0, 0, ‘dynamic_field’, undef, 0 ],

Another possibility is to extend the database table and don’t use a dynamic field:

For MySQL or MariaDB:

root> mysql -uroot otrs

root> ALTER TABLE customercompany add NameOfNewColumn VARCHAR(255);

After that add a new value to the mapping above:

[ ‘CustomerCompanyNameOfNewColumn’, ‘LabelOfNewColumn’,    ‘NameOfNewColumn’,    1, 0, ‘var’, ”, 0 ],

I hope I could help. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards from Germany,

Stefan

Team OTOBO

Syoxx
          Participant

Hi Stefan,

thank you so much for your help! It works perfectly.

Best regards,
            Syoxx

Stefan Rother
            Keymaster

You’re welcome, have fun with OTOBO!

Syoxx
              Participant

Hi Stefan,

I’ve tried around with dynamic fields in the last few days but got another problem. I want to add a dropdown field to each customer where i can select the purchased products by the customer. So that I have the opportunity to search for this field and see all customers with product A oder product B.

I successfully created a new field with the type “Multiselect”. This field is shown for each customer but the dropdown menu isn´t working. I´am only able to write numbers in it (because data type is integer). Can you tell me what i’m doing wrong?

Best regards,
                Syoxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.