Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Answered
      Daniel dos Santos
      Participant

Dear all.

I have been trying to find a way in how to add a new field into a group, a customer or a customer user entry with no success so far, so I hoping that someone could perhaps help me.

I would like to be have more information fields available when adding a new Group, a Customer or a Customer user.

I have created a dynamic field as object “Customer” but it did not show up when adding a new customer.

I would like to be able to do the same for Group and Customer user.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Stefan Abel

Hi,

you need to add your Dynamic Field in e.g. your Customer or Customer User connection, e.g. in your Kernel/Config.pm based on your Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm

In your Defaults.pm you will find an example.

E.g. in our current source code on GitHub you can find it in lines 1682, 1765 and 1828.

Daniel dos Santos
            Participant

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback.

1- Will the changes done directly in the Config.pm will remain after an OTOBO update?

2- I could located “customer” and “customer user” but not “Group”.

Shall I then concluded that it is not possible to add any additional dynamics fields to the object “Group” beside the existing ones (Name, validity and comment)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time

Daniel dos Santos
              Participant

Hi,

just as follow up on my point (1).

Would those dynamic fields added in the config.pm file also be part of the System Configuration Deployment?

So meaning, if I go to Admin>System configuration and do an export of my configuration and import it again into a new instance of OTOBO, would those changes be also considered or would I need to add them manually again?

Thanks a lot

Best Answer
              Stefan Abel

Hi Daniel,

1. Yes, the changes within the Kernel/Config.pm will remain after an update
                  1. on a native installation of course only if you take it with you, but that’s part of the update manual
                  2. on a Docker installation this is done automatically
                  3. The Kernel/Config.pm is not part of the System Configuration Export afaik.
                2. For groups you can not add additional fields, there also is no Dynamic Field option for this.

Cheers
                Stefan

Daniel dos Santos
                  Participant

Hi Stefan,

Perfect…all clear now.

Thank you so much for your support

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.