Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dmitry Popov
      Participant

Hello everyone. I have a specialized module that I transfer from OTRS. The module is correctly installed on OTOBO, but it requires specialized Perl libraries, such as:AnyEvent, IO::Interactive module, Math::Random::Secure module, Crypt::PasswdMD5. Unfortunately, my knowledge of docker is initial, but I was able to load the shell from there, but I can’t install anything, because I don’t have a root inside the conrainer. Judging by my observations, there are root and otobo users inside the container, I am logged in under otobo, which does not have root rights. sudo is not installed in this image. Who can tell me how to install the perl libraries inside the image?

bes
        Participant

Hi Dmitry,

adding new Perl modules to  a container would essentially mean to create a new Docker image. This is feasible, but the recommendation is  to go an easier route. Modules can be installed within _/opt/otobo_, which is a volume that lives outside the Docker container. CPAN modules can be installed as the user otobo.

On the Docker host you can log in as otobo with the command:

docker exec -it otobo_web_1 bash

The environment variable PERL5LIB is preset there.

bes:~/devel/OTOBO/otobo (rel-10_0)$ docker exec -it otobo_web_1 bash
          otobo@a1a51661d02f:~$ echo $PERL5LIB

/opt/otobo_install/local/lib/perl5:/opt/otobo/local/lib/perl5

otobo@a1a51661d02f:~$ ls -l local
          ls: cannot access 'local': No such file or directory

The location  _/opt/otobo_install/local/lib/perl5_ is used for the CPAN modules that are delivered with the image. _/opt/otobo/local/lib/perl5_ does initially not exist, but is intended for locally added modules.

Install module from CPAN, or maybe from a local Pinto repository, with using local::lib.

otobo@a1a51661d02f:~$ cpanm -l local Acme::123
          --> Working on Acme::123
          Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/N/NA/NATHANM/Acme-123-0.04.zip ... OK
          Configuring Acme-123-0.04 ... OK
          Building and testing Acme-123-0.04 ... OK
          Successfully installed Acme-123-0.04
          1 distribution installed
          otobo@a1a51661d02f:~$ perldoc -l Acme::123
          /opt/otobo/local/lib/perl5/Acme/123.pm

Please tell us whether this worked for you, as I haven’t really used this feature myself.This info should also be included in the documentation. I have created the issue https://github.com/RotherOSS/doc-otobo-dev/issues/5 for that.

Best regards,

Bernhard

Dmitry Popov
          Participant

I’ve tried various methods, including this one https://doc.otobo.org/manual/installation/stable/en/content/installing-perl-modules.html , starting with the words ” Special care must be taken when OTOBO runs within Docker…”. This method helped partially, not all modules can be installed. I gave up on the idea of using docker, it is good for me for tests, in production, with a lot of integrations, it adds unsolvable difficulties. Thank you

bes
            Participant

Hi Dmitry,

do you have an example of a module that can’t be installed? Out of curiosity I tried to install the modules mentioned in the initial post, and it seem to work seamlessly.

otobo@40d571709ab9:~$ cpanm -l local Crypt::PasswdMD5
              --> Working on Crypt::PasswdMD5
              Fetching http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RS/RSAVAGE/Crypt-PasswdMD5-1.41.tgz ... OK
              Configuring Crypt-PasswdMD5-1.41 ... OK
              Building and testing Crypt-PasswdMD5-1.41 ... OK
              Successfully installed Crypt-PasswdMD5-1.41
              1 distribution installed
              otobo@40d571709ab9:~$ perldoc -l Crypt::PasswdMD5
              /opt/otobo/local/lib/perl5/Crypt/PasswdMD5.pm

Best regards,

Bernhard

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.