Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Answered
      Manny Gatahwa
      Participant

Hello Team,

I keep getting repetitive emails with subject OTOBO Scheduler Daemon Cron: EscalationCheck and they are too many. An average of 6 emails per minute and even though the tickets are resolved but still the emails keep coming.

Also here is the sample ticket created, I cannot make up anything with this email.

I tried checking each line in the backend code, but I found it is Perl Source Code which I am not familiar with.

ERROR: OTOBO-otobo.Console.pl-Maint::Ticket::EscalationCheck-30 Perl: 5.32.1 OS: linux
        Time: Mon Sep 12 08:50:20 2022

Traceback (89604):
           Module: Kernel::System::Type::TypeLookup Line: 429
           Module: Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketGet Line: 1392
           Module: Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::Ticket::EscalationCheck::Run Line: 109
           Module: (eval) Line: 468
           Module: Kernel::System::Console::BaseCommand::Execute Line: 462
           Module: (eval) Line: 152
           Module: Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerTaskWorker::Cron::Run Line: 131
           Module: Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerTaskWorker::Run Line: 243
           Module: (eval) Line: 385
           Module: main::Start Line: 385
           Module: bin/otobo.Daemon.pl Line: 164

ERROR: OTOBO-otobo.Console.pl-Maint::Ticket::EscalationCheck-30 Perl: 5.32.1 OS: linux
        Time: Mon Sep 12 08:50:21 2022

Traceback (89604):
           Module: Kernel::System::Console::Command::Maint::Ticket::EscalationCheck::Run Line: 109
           Module: Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerTaskWorker::Cron::Run Line: 131
           Module: Kernel::System::Daemon::DaemonModules::SchedulerTaskWorker::Run Line: 243

Time: Mon Sep 12 08:50:21 2022

Traceback (89604):

Best Answer
        bes
        Participant

Hi Manny,

the EscalationCheck is a feature that warns about overdue tickets. For that to happen there is some kind of logic that decides whether a mail is sent out. For that decision I think that the Escalation Check needs full information about the candidates. Judging from the error message, I think that incomplete information about the tickets is gathered. This happens because the type of the ticket can’t be determined.

Could you go in the Admin-Interface to “Types” and check whether there are at least four types? In a fresh installation there is only a single type “Unclassified”. But in your installation there seem at least four types, as there is a “No TypeID for 4 found!” in the error log. If there are missing types, then you need to investigate. Were the Types manually deleted in the database? Was there an incomplete migration?

But please try first the command bin/otobo.Console.pl Maint::Cache::Delete . Clearing the cache sometimes does resolve issues.

Best regards, good luck,

Bernhard

Manny Gatahwa
            Participant

Hello Bernhard,

That could explain it, at some point I had disabled some of the Types. I have a total of 6 types as seen below.  I had disabled some of them since I wasn’t using them. I have now enabled them all and also I have cleared the cache. I will observe is the error persists

Incident
              Incident::Major
              Problem
              RfC
              Service Request
              Unclassified

Manny Gatahwa
            Participant

Hello Bernhard,

I cleared the cache and enabled all Types but the error persists.

How exactly can I check the missing ID?

Thank you for your kind support

bes
              Participant

Hi Manny,

this is strange. You can check the table ticket_type. In the Admin-Interface there is an utility called “SQL Box”. You can call the SQL command “SELECT * FROM ticket_type” there.

Of course accessing the database directly is also possible.

Best regards.

Bernhard

Manny Gatahwa
                Participant

Hello Bernhard,

Here is the output. I see all the records do exist in the DB.

I also checked each of the “.pm” files in the /Kernel/System directory and in one of the source code files (Type.pm) there’s a function returning this in the screenshot below. Is this normal? I’m not familiar with “perl language” but the function seems to return one Type Specific.

bes
                  Participant

Hi Manny,

the table ticket_type does look fine. You also found the correct file. The function TypeGet() does indeed fetch informations specific to a single type. But the function throwing the error is the function TypeLookup() which simply translates the id to the name.  See the line 429.

Looking at the code I don’t see much that could go wrong here. Do you really see the same messages in the log?

Best regards,

Bernhard

Manny Gatahwa
                    Participant

Hello Bernhard,

Unfortunately in the logs there’s nothing recorded. I have checked in the below log locations but there’s nothing recorded related to that.

:~/var/log/Daemon$ grep --color -n -C 27 'No TypeID for' *.log
                      :~/var/log/Daemon$ cd ..
                      :~/var/log$ grep --color -n -C 27 'No TypeID for' *.log
                      :~/var/log$

The only log with errors is /var/log/otobo.log file. I have tailed to show a few samples as per screenshot below. The same error has been appearing for quite sometime but this is related to changes

Manny Gatahwa
                      Participant

I have decided to reinstall afresh and fix

Manny Gatahwa
                        Participant

Hello Guys,

if anyone can find a solution for this please share. I did a fresh install, but the problem has re-occurred even without doing anything.

I am using http in my OTOBO, could this be the problem?

I found an OTRS thread with similar problem but doesn’t seem to have been fixed

OTRS Scheduler Daemon CronTaskManager::Task::EscalationCheck – Znuny and ((OTRS)) Community Edition

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Manny Gatahwa. Reason: adding tags
                      Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.