Schlagwörter: ,

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      Luc Rutten
      Teilnehmer

Hi all,

First off all, thanks for forking OTRS and creating this beautiful piece of software OTOBO!

I am currently building a Ansible Role for automating the installation and if it’s done I would want to give it back to this community.

But I have a few questions after showing the log:

• What is a “Need DefaultVersionID!”

Could that explain why I couldn’t save settings in the SysConfig ?

If someone want to check it you can find it on mij Github repository: https://github.com/bitfinity-nl/role-otobo

Sven Oesterling
        Administrator

Hi Luc,

yes, this is definitely a problem with the SysConfig. The error is quite generic, to say more, I would need the module which complains. Basically I think something went wrong with your DB, and at some point OTOBO cannot read out the DefaultVersionID of a SysConfig-Setting.

I had a quick look at your repo – I don’t know Ansible, but to me it looks like it’s basically performing certain actions defined in your tasks from top to bottom. If I’m not mistaken, using this role, you would still have to call installer.pl, and you just aim to set up everything up until then. I don’t know what happens, e.g. if you start the Daemon before that.

This probably doesn’t help too much, yet, maybe you could describe a bit more in detail at which step you encounter problems. We are happy to see people using OTOBO and incorporating it in various systems. :)

Best regards, Sven

bes
          Teilnehmer

Hi Luc,

I’m the guy who is working on the Docker support for OTOBO. Thumbs up for deciding to work on the support for Ansible. My hunch is that you will run into some of the same issues that I encountered. Please let me know when you have an idea how things could be made easier for you.

The „Need DefaultVersionID!“ does not ring a bell for me. For which task did this error occur?

I have briefly looked into https://github.com/bitfinity-nl/role-otobo. One advice I would give, is to part from Apache and rely on a simple Webserver like Gazelle running the PSGI application otobo.psgi.

Best regards, vrolijk kerstfeest,

Bernhard

Luc Rutten
            Teilnehmer

Hi Sven & Bernhard,

Thanks for replying :) Ansible is a configuration management tool likc Puppet, SALT or for the Microsoft World SCCM or RES Automation Manager. You can create consistent installations with this tool. Unlike scripting you write a playbook instead of scripting in YAML.

I get the message in logfile when trying to save the system settings after a change.

After running this role, It should not be needed to run the installer. Everything should be working with or without LDAP/Active Directory support.

I’ll look into Gazelle if version 1 of the role is done ;) thanks!

One last thing! :) you are also from the Netherlands ?

Sven Oesterling
              Administrator

Hi Luc,

I am not – Bernhard might have some connections? I don’t know… ;)

I still cannot give you a definite answer. Please try the following – after finishing your procedure, open up a console and do the following:

cd /opt/otobo
                bin/otobo.Console.pl Maint::Cache::Delete
                bin/otobo.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild

If we are lucky this completely solves the problem – if so, you would have to add at least the last command to the end of your DB task-list, if not, the last command hopefully prints out some error with a short trace, which you could write here. The installer does a little more than just the initial insert. If this approach doesn’t lead anywhere, I will write this in more details somewhen, but I hope that we will be faster this way.

Best regards, Sven

bes
                Teilnehmer

Hi,

no Dutch connection on my side as well. The only times in the Netherlands were a Perl-Workshop in Arnhem and visits to customers in Delft.

Best regards,

Bernhard

Luc Rutten
                  Teilnehmer

Hi Sven & Bernhard,

Thought you were also Dutch because you have “Vrolijk Kerstfeest” in your signature :) and your names are also used in the Netherlands. Nevermind :P!

I think we solved the puzzle, your hints were correct with “running the installer” and  “bin/otobo.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild”

At the initial install the file “/opt/otobo/Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm” on this location was missing. After some digging old OTRS threads about it. I found out that you can create this with the command:  sudo su – otobo -c “/opt/otobo/bin/otobo.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild”

The trick is to run it after the initial install and you run the installer.pl from the browser. To run the installer I just provided the awners in that file with the replace module from Ansible.

Check this file how I did it.

https://github.com/bitfinity-nl/role-otobo/blob/main/tasks/ubt-2004-amd64-otobo-installer.yml

Now the first tests last night looks promising, I will report if al is good! :)

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
                • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.