OTOBO Release Notes
OTOBO 10.1 stable
03 March 2022
This in new in OTOBO 10.1.1 stable
The following features have been added in OTOBO 10.1:
- Process tickets in the Customer Interface: Customers can be involved in process tickets over the new Customer Interface now. To make things easier for them, we do not provide separate buttons to create process and "normal" tickets. Instead, process tickets are routed to the relevant process in the background using a GenericAgent.
- Processes: Process templates make it easy to start creating your own processes.
- OpenIDConnect: modern SSO authentication based on OAuth2 for customer users and agents. Plus: authorisation for agents.
- Web service templates: OTOBO provides three ready-made web service templates to ease integration with third party systems now (Bugzilla, Jira, OTOBO).
- Web services: Two new Invokers were added for "TicketCreate“ and "TicketUpdate“.
- Extended ACL functionality: additionally to dynamic fields, the entity "Reference-Body-Attachment" can be shown or hid at runtime as needed now.
- Enhanced S/MIME functionality: Icons mark encrypted/signed mails. Performance boost by decryption directly at receipt. Introduced an option to change the S/MIME Cipher used.
- Reporting feature: In Statistics – reports statistics can be bundled into reports now, arranged in a PDF and sent out via mail.
- Agent Interface: Easily switch email recipients between To/Cc/Bcc and paste multiple email recipients at once.
- Customer Interface: Tool Tips for dynamic fields ease the start with OTOBO.
- Web services: Enhanced error handling – Elasticsearch Selfrepair and an enhanced handling of "valid" error messages prevents the generation of unqualified error messages, e.g. when ElasticSearch is trying to read encrypted tickets.
- Third Party Repo – An extended package management is under development with a view to provide a central hub for presenting additional packages of interest to the community. Until this is finished, there will be a Thrid Party Repository. A first highlight in it is a Rocket.Chat integration provided by Augsburg University. Our partner Freicon will contribute a package to provide text blocks. Moreover, the Per-Service's OTOpar repository is directly available from OTOBO Package Management.
- Added nested group support for LDAP user/group sync
- Agent interface: new Dashboard element "My Last changed tickets" (DashboardMyLastChangedTickets)
- Customer Interface: Added State and Service as ticket categories (colored labels in customer interface)
- Different StateTypes can be shown for agents and customers now (use case: tickets which are "pending reminder" can be shown as "open" in the customer interface)
- Additional package Service Catalog: There's an additional package allowing to display the whole service catalogue on the customer dashboard and open tickets directly from there.
We adapted the framework in OTOBO 10.1 as follows:
- Consistent use of PSGI interface in Apache as well (in OTOBO 10.0.* only in Docker based installations with Gazelle). This provides one consistent programming interface between web server and application server, making it easier to integrate OTOBO in various web server scenarios and with middleware.
- Support for S3 compatible storage: Making it easier to use OTOBO in clusters (e.g. with Kubernetes, MinIO, AWS). Optimised storage use on attachment delivery. Experimental.
- Apache support for Apache 2.4 or higher
- Consistent use of DBIx::Connector, even in console commands
- Redis cache for articles
- Consistent use of Content-Length header
- rpc.pl is no longer supported and has been removed
- Update to Elasticsearch version 7.16.2 (log4j 2.17.0)
(for more details see the Release News for OTOBO 10.0.15).
We changed the default configuration of a few configuration options in order to ease system handling from the start:
- AgentTicketZoom: Open (incl. new!) and closed tickets of the relevant customer and customer user are shown in the Customer Information now
- AgentTicketZoom: Logged time units are displayed for every article now by default (Ticket::ZoomTimeDisplay active)
- AgentTicketZoom: Various article filters can be used in the Ticket View now by default (Ticket::Frontend::TicketArticleFilter active)
- AgentTicketZoom: Administrators can view all articles in Plain Mode now by default (Ticket::Frontend::PlainView active)
- AgentTicketNote: Internal communication between agents via notes is activated by default now (Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketNote###InformAgent)
- Outbound phone ticket: Default State changed to "open“ (Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketPhoneOutbound###State)
- Admin Interface: Display of 100, 250 or 500 dynamic fields now instead of 10, 20, 30 (PreferencesGroups###DynamicFieldsOverviewPageShown)
- Ticket::Frontend::DynamicFieldsZoomMaxSizeSidebar -> extended to 40 chars
- Ticket::Frontend::CustomerInfoZoomMaxSize -> extended to 40 chars
- SystemMaintenance::TimeNotifyUpcomingMaintenance -> extended to two hours, meaning the info is diplayed 2 hours in advance now instead of 30 minutes.
- LinkObject::ViewMode -> Changed to „Complex“. This means a reference to linked objects is displayed below the articles now per default.
- The naming for system user root@localhost has been changed to “ – – “ and unlocked tickets are reassigned to this user in order to avoid confusion about ticket owners and ticket lock/unlock.
- By default, escalation notifications are now only sent to agents having subscribed to a queue instead of to all agents with write permissions for this queue.
Following configurations have been added in OTOBO 10.1:
- Ticket::CustomerViewableStateType – separate regulation which status are interpreted as "open" or "closed" for agents and customer users (e.g. pending auto is read as "closed" for agents "open" for customer users)
- Frontend::DefaultInterface – To define whether https://server/otobo/ redirects to index.pl, customer.pl or public.pl.
- CustomerFrontend::Active/PublicFrontend::Active – to activate and deactivate the external frontends
- CustomerDashboard::Tiles###FeaturedLink-01: provides an option to open the featured link from the customer interface in a new browser tab